🎉 This is my first blogging award. Ever. So I’m pretty excited right now. A big THANK YOU to Catherine @ This is One for the Books for the nomination!!
- If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger Award
- Thank the person who gave you this award
- Include a link to their blog
- Select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself
LETS TALK ABOUT ME
1) I created my blog while I was watching Casablanca. Hence the name. It’s inspired by one of Bogey’s lines in the movie:
2) I am not tech savvy. At all. Which is why my blog is as basic as it can be. Honestly, some days I can barely work my phone. So if any of you techy people want to help a girl out, I would really appreciate it! ☺
3) When I was in college I studied abroad in Italy for about 4 months.
It was the first time I had ever been on a plane (sort of), left the country (again, sort of) and traveled anywhere by myself. It is to this day one of the most fulfilling things I’ve ever done in my life.
4) When I was almost 2 years old I was briefly kidnapped in an airport. My sister was the one who first told me this story. I didn’t believe her though. I thought she was just being a mean older sibling. A few years later, I overheard my mom telling one of her friends the story, and I realized that my sister had not lied to me after all. Apparently a man grabbed me from my mom’s arms and proceeded to run away with me. He sat me down next to a group of kids as he got ready to board a flight with me (this was the early 90’s, so pre-TSA). My mom had chased after the guy, so she quickly found me and rescued me. Who knows where I would be now if my mom’s momma bear instincts hadn’t kicked in.
5) Classics are my jam. I like classic books, movies, tv shows, music, etc. I don’t know. There’s something about old things that draws me in.
6) I like spoilers.
I do not mind them one bit. In books, movies, whatever. Chances are that by the time I get to said book or movie, I will have forgotten what the spoiler was. And if I haven’t, then it’s something I can look forward to. Sometimes the spoilers are what get me interested in a book or movie in the first place.
7) A bookish confession. *takes a deep breath* When I was in middle school I read the first Harry Potter book and didn’t like it *immediately ducks for cover* The movies on the other hand, I loved. It wasn’t until after I graduated from college that I decided to sit down and give the series another try. Now I love Harry Potter and understand the hype. I appreciate the magical world that JK Rowling created.
Ah! Seriously harder than I thought it would be! I want to thank Catherine once again and encourage everyone to check out her fabulous blog! Her latest post was on Literary Themed Restaurants Around the World. Yeah. I said her blog was fabulous!! 😉
Now on to MY NOMINEES:
No pressure to anyone to complete this! 🙂
Happy blogging everyone!