I saw Mandy and Sha’s post and thought ooh, that looks fun. Then I get to the people they’ve tagged. Anyone with book in their blog name. Imagine my excitement when I remembered I had books in mine. So, a big thank you to Mandy and Sha @Book Princess Reviews for tagging me in this! I love my library and what better way to profess my feelings than through a tag ❤ haha
How often do you visit your local library?
At least once a week. I’m surrounded by libraries so I’m always at one of them at some point. The perks of living in the suburbs.
Are you the type of person who checks out more books than you can read or are you someone who checks out the exact amount of books you intend to read before they are due?
Oh, I check out the exact amount of books. I use OverDrive a lot so I tend to check out a physical book only when it’s not available as an ebook or audiobook.
How old were you when you got your first library card?
Um, I want to say 10? I used my sister’s card until my mom finally allowed me to get my own. Which was after my sister lost hers. 10 sounds about right…
Do you go to your library for a particular book or do you check out anything that piques your interest?
Usually for a particular book. Very rarely do I pick a book up that I hadn’t been planning to read.
Do you only check out books or do you also get DVDs, audiobooks, etc.?
I check out tons of DVD’s. Not everything I want to watch is on Netflix haha. So the library always comes through. Plus, they have a vast CD collection. And I’m all about that economical (aka. cheap) life lol.
From what section of the library do you check out most of your books?
According to my checkout history (excluding OverDrive reads) it seems to be mainly children’s literature. Ha! Makes sense. It’s all of the Nancy Drew books.
What is your favourite part of using your local library?
How am I suppose to narrow it down??? Lemme just list a few reasons:
1) Bonding with my Goddaughter. She and I have been going to storytime at the library for over a year now. She loves books. I love books. The first time she walked into the library, her little mouth dropped. And she still cries whenever we have to return her books. So we check more out and then head to the bookstore. Which brings me to reason #2.
2) The library bookstore! There is one shelf full of free books. Kid’s books are $1. Paperbacks 50 cents. Hardbacks $2. So babygirl and I have zero restraint. The rule is 2 books for each of us. Ha! Neither one of us sticks to that. The volunteers in charge of the bookstore are super nice. They’re actually pretty lenient with book prices. For example, this past week I bought a total of about 15 books. 8 for me, 7 for my goddaughter. I only paid $4. They want to encourage kids to read so when they see a child’s enthusiasm towards books, they let them keep all the books they’ve picked out for free. Extremely generous.
3) Library events. Holy crap the events! There’s the summer reading program. The YA events are the best though. There are always author discussions and signings going on. There are adult arts and crafts. Book clubs. Oh my goodness, so many things. There’s honestly, something for everyone. Whatever age group.
4) The apps! OverDrive, Libby, Freegal, Mango, etc. All free apps I use courtesy of my library. OverDrive is my life. It’s the one app I couldn’t live without. It is where I check most of my books out from. It’s easy to use and the book selection is top-notch.
5) The librarians. These people are dope. Dope, dope, dope. Incredibly helpful and kind. Always quick to lend a hand or offer a book recommendation. Where would we be without them???
I am going to steal Sha and Mandy’s idea (sort of 😉 ) and tag anyone whose blog name has the word library (or something library-related) in it… I’m keeping it broad on purpose 🙂
HAPPY BLOGGING EVERYONE! 😀