This is such a great tag! World Mental Health Day was on October 10th this year and I completely missed it. So thank you Sophia Ismaa for tagging me in this! You know what’s funny? I actually made a playlist of songs that make me happy after a conversation I had with my therapist years ago. These songs are on that playlist. And I do listen to it every once in a while when I start to feel down.
- Link back to ‘Pick Me Up Playlist’ creator – Laura Spoonie
- Tag the blogger who nominated you
- Mention how music helps your Mental Health
- List 10 songs that you would consider to be a part of your ‘Pick Me Up Playlist’ (optional: mention a little bit why each song is on your list)
- Tag 10 other bloggers to join in with the ‘Pick Me Up Playlist’ Challenge
1. Wannabe – Spice Girls
It’s the Spice Girls! I still want to be Baby Spice lol. Enough said.
2. El Chico del Apartamento 512 – Selena
My Queen ❤ !!!! This song is light and fluffy. In a nutshell: it’s about a girl that has a crush on her neighbor; the guy in apartment 512.
3. Livin’ on a Prayer – Bon Jovi
“You live for the fight when it’s all you got”
4. 99 Red Balloons – Nena
First heard it on Gilmore Girls. But it reminds me of college. I remember one of my college roommates putting it on a party playlist at some point.
5. Love on Top – Beyoncé
This song makes me ridiculously happy. The first time I heard it was when Beyoncé sang it at the MTV awards and revealed she was pregnant. That joy is radiating off of her and it’s contagious 😀
6. La Tortura – Shakira Ft. Alejandro Sanz
My other queen ❤ !! I still have the cassette tapes of her early music lol. It’s nostalgia coupled with great music.
7. Young Folks – Peter Bjorn and John
It’s the whistling. As soon as I hear it, it puts me in a good mood.
8. Do You Love Me – The Contours
I love dancing to this song when no one is watching. Also, it’s The Contours. No real explanation needed.
9. Paradise – George Ezra
It’s an upbeat, lovey-dovey song.
10. Me Vale – Maná
OH MY GOD this song!! It’s an anthem!! Whenever people like to voice their unasked for opinion regarding my life choices, I listen to this song. Instant mood booster. In a nutshell: it’s a guy talking about how he doesn’t give a damn about what people think of him and calling them out on it. Loose translation of one of the lyrics: “Instead of criticizing my life and pointing out what’s wrong with it, you should focus on yourself.” Yes!!!
*No pressure on anyone to participate*
HAPPY BLOGGING EVERYONE! 🙂