“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
– Okoto Enigma
- Put the award/logo image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself and answer the questions provided by your nominator
- Nominate 10-20 people for the award
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice, with 1 weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
LETS TALK ABOUT ME
1) I like to sniff things. No, not drugs or anything like that. I pick things up and smell them. (So yes, I am familiar with the smell of various books).
2) I had a dream journal phase. Dreams have always fascinated me. Nobody really knows the reason we dream. And for the longest time, I could never remember my own. Sometimes I would wake up scared, or crying, and I had no memory of why. I read somewhere that writing down what you did remember of your dream, no matter how small, would eventually help you recall more details. So for 2-3 years I kept tabs on them. I went from remembering absolutely nothing to instances where I could recollect multiple dreams from one night. Then I quit. 😕 My dreams were kind of violent and scary. Oftentimes, depressing. I still have that journal. But ignorance is bliss, I guess.
3) I have a small penny collection. I collect wheat pennies which are the really old pennies that look like this:
Some are highly valued (mine aren’t haha). A lot of them were produced so they’re pretty easy to find if you really look for them.
FRANKIE’S QUESTIONS FOR ME:
1. If you could only read either the beginning of a book for the rest of your life, or the end of a book for the rest of your life, which would you pick and why?
I think I would go with reading the beginning of the book. I can always make up my own ending. Right? Although knowing me, this would annoy me like no other. I need closure haha.
2. Recommend me books with titles that start with the first letter of each letter in your name. (For ex: five letters in your name equals five book recs)
Okay this one was incredibly tough. I have a Y and a Z in my name! I was going to make it easy on myself and use my actual name, Susan. But I like a challenge. So here we go. (The links go to their Goodreads page).
Sophie’s World by Jostein Gaarder
Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience and Redemption by Laura Hillenbrand
Zeno’s Conscience by Italo Svevo [Technically haven’t read this, but it is on my TBR]
Is Everyone Hanging Out With Me? by Mindy Kaling
Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
Young Elites by Marie Lu
3. Do you think there are any cons, or negative effects, of being an avid reader? Please explain your answer either way.
Negative effects? Nope! Impossible! Um how about a quote?
Books can do many things, but not everything. We have to live the important things, not read them.
– Nina George, The Little Paris Bookshop
I have noticed that by prioritizing my reading I have less of a social life. Not that I was a social butterfly before. But I just have less time to go out and about in the world.
4. How often do you post on your blog? And do you have a posting schedule/plan?
I post 2-3 times a week. I alternate between a Tuesday/Friday schedule and a Monday/Wednesday/Friday schedule.
Monday is a TBR book.
Tuesday/Wednesday a reading challenge book
Friday a Nancy Drew book
5. (Weird/Funny Question) What’s the strangest place you’ve ever taken a book with you?
The bathroom probably. Although I think it’s fairly common amongst bookworms… ?
MY FIVE QUESTIONS FOR YOU!
1) Is there one movie (or TV) adaptation that you liked better than the book it was based on?
2) When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up? Did it change? What is your dream job now?
3) What are you most proud of? It can be anything, no matter how big or small. (Ex. Maybe you’re proud of winning a spelling bee in 2nd grade).
4) What book world you would love to live in (besides the wizarding world of Harry Potter lol) ?
5) (Weird/Funny Question) What would you want your rapper name to be?
No pressure on anyone to participate!
And once again, thank you to Frankie for the nomination! Everyone go check out her lovely blog!